Phoenix Ridge Yurts is a wilderness lodging establishment located in one of the most spectacular settings imaginable in the beautiful San Juan Mountains near Creede Colorado. Originally established over a dozen years ago, the project went dormant for several years until we recently completed a full remodel of the Cliff Yurt inside and out. Check out the other pages of the site for complete details of the project.
What you get when you stay with us is the feeling of being deep in the wilderness, yet having easy access and creature comforts surrounding you. You will still burn wood as your heat source and water is limited to melting snow in the winter and what you can bring with you in your vehicle the summer. But this is a 5-star backcountry experience that you will never forget. See for yourself what other people have said about staying with us on the Testimonials tab at the top of the page. Or click here to wee our customer reviews on Airbnb.com.
This property, this place, is as unique as any wilderness setting we have seen anywhere. Check out our photo gallery and video tour to get a sense of what we are talking about.
Here is what you will experience when you stay with us:
- 27 acres of private land surrounded by a sea of National Forest. Not another private property or structure in sight. No regulations or restrictions from land-use permits for dwellings on Forest Service land
- 1,000’ vertical foot drop-off out the front door into beautiful East Willow Canyon and Phoenix Park, with its perennial waterfalls and cliffs
- Front porch view of the massive La Garita mountains (13,000’ +) and the least-used wilderness area in Colorado, the La Garita Wilderness, just 5 miles away
- Hiking, biking, skiing and fishing in the San Juan mountains, one of the most spectacular, undiscovered remote areas in Colorado
- Just a 15-minute drive (summer/fall) to the historic and eclectic town of Creede, Colorado, yet you will feel like you have backpacked into a remote wilderness area
- A spectacular 3-mile ski or snowshoe to access the yurt during the winter (note - this distance can change depending on county plowing schedule be sure to check with us before you leave).
And that is just the property itself. If you have never stayed in a yurt, get ready for a truly unique experience. Our yurts include:
- Tongue and groove pine wood flooring
- Propane refrigerator and propane range/oven
- Attached 12’ yurt as a bathroom with lights, composting toilet, sink and shower enlosure for use with Hotman portable shower
- Solar system with DC lighting and an AC outlet for small electrical applications (computer etc.)
- Large deck for riding the planet. The weather, the mood and the seasons seem to change here hourly. Grab a bottle of wine and wonder why you just can’t seem to muster the energy for anything else
- Huge cast iron Waterford Irish woodstove. It doesn’t matter how cold it gets, if this baby is roaring, you will be warm. We provide the firewood
- Kitchen sink, counters, plates, utensils
- Queen size futon with 1 1/2” memory foam topper. So you say you have insomnia? I don’t think so.
- Extra cots for your buddies or family members (up to four in the yurt)
- Plexiglas dome provides bright open light in the day and star-gazing from the futon at night
So just click on the Reservations and Rates tab at the top of the page to see what dates are available and make your reservation and payment right online today.
NOTE: NO OPEN FIRES ALLOWED! With pine beetle kill in the area the risk of forest fires is too high to have outdoor fires
* Please note that ACCESS REQUIRES A 4WD VEHICLE and then approx 1-4 mile ski or snowshoe in to the yurt (depending on where the county plows the road). The yurt can be accessed directly by vehicle in the summer/fall months but 4WD is still REQUIRED.